Our Regional Committees
Our Regional Committees
Provide Oversight. Review Policy. Create Programs. Recommend Change.
Improving Our Community.
Medical Advisory Committee
- Provider physician oversight
- Advises the Regional Medical Director on issues related to medical control and accountability.
- Provides general medical guidance to the EHSF Board of Directors, Advisory Council, Staff and/or other EHSF committees.
Prehospital Operations Committee
- Evaluates regional EMS system’s operational policies, with comments and suggestions forwarded to the EHSF Board of Directors.
- Reviews the prehospital equipment policies and makes recommendations for changes.
- Provides a forum for new ideas, and the future of EMS, such as manpower, professionalism, nonemergency tasks, and EMS Management.
- Reviews EMS system problems, which may adversely affect patient care or systems operations.
Regional Communications Committee
- Evaluates the regional EMS communications system.
- Develops and reviews emergency medical communications operating protocols for Advisory Council approval.
- Develops the Regional Telecommunication plans for Advisory Council approval.
- Provides a forum to discuss common communications problem issues and develop resolutions.
- Advises the Emergency Health Services Federation Advisory Council in matters requiring the expertise of this committee.
- Evaluate the delivery and effectiveness of our education programs and report findings to the EHSF Advisory Council.
- Review the content of current educational programs and recommend new or revised content.
- Development of new, creative instructional programs.
- Trend the success and fail rates for all initial certification programs.
- Evaluate Regional Testing Processes.
Quality Assurance Committee
- Prioritize current quality initiatives and activities.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the EMS system and use the respective information to:
- Provide better patient care
- Create processes to:
- Increase efficiency among the EMS agencies
- Share system-wide data to enhance the EMS system
- Compare regional data to state and national standards.
- Provide recommendations for improvement to the other regional committees, such as Medical Advisory Committee, Prehospital Operations Committee, Education Committee, and Regional Communications Committee.
- Assist EMS agencies with a service level quality assurance program.