Here you will find the latest news and events!
The EHSF staff continues to closely monitor and respond to the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) challenges. We take great care to align all recommendations from our office with state and federal guidance and resources. Relevant information regarding COVID-19 can be found through links on our website. We are attempting to communicate frequently, while also making every attempt to reduce redundant communications We are involved in daily conference calls, and will provide a weekly summary update for all stakeholders.
Our offices will remain open to serve our EMS community, although we have modified some internal procedures for visitors. We ask that, for the next few weeks, you consider calling or emailing our staff rather than visiting our office in person. We are attempting to follow state and federal officials guiding us toward social distancing. Our staff has the capability to work remotely, if necessary, so that we can continue to meet your needs. Our goal is that administratively, you will find that we are business as usual. However, face-to-face meetings are canceled, as are practical examinations.
Again, please refrain from coming to our office for the next few weeks. As we do not want to further the spread of this virus among our EMS providers.
- The EHSF is providing updated information regarding the coronavirus. To learn more go to: https://www.ehsf.org/index.php/resource/coronavirus-update
- The Bureau of EMS released a new process for EMS providers with expired certification to become active again.
- 2019 EMS Week Essay Contest Winner: Paramedic William Kanoff
- The EHSF announced Paramedic William Kanoff as the winner of the essay contest. To hear him read his essay, click here!
- PA EMS in Crisis: Article posted in the PA Township News: September 2018 http://www.ehsf.org/sites/default/files/2018-10/EMS-crisis-lower-res-PTN-Sept-18.pdf
- EHSF Seeking Evaluators for the Evaluation Team:
- The EHSF is seeking evaluators for the BLS and ALS psychomotor examination team. Interested evaluators need to hold PA EMS certification at or above the EMT level. Evaluators do NOT need to be certified as EMS instructors or have experience with EMS education. The EHSF will provide orientation and training. exam dates and times vary: weekday evening, weekday daytime, and Saturday morning. Exam dates are scheduled in advance, and evaluators select the frequency and specific exams they wish to work
- Train PA Account Set-Up:
- Are you looking to take con-ed credits online? Set-up and account in Train PA.