The EHSF supports its Regional Communications Committee, which meets four times a year. The functions of the committee include:
1. Evaluates the regional EMS communications system.
2. Develops and reviews emergency medical communications operating protocols for Advisory Council approval.
3. Develops the Regional Telecommunication plans for Advisory Council approval.
4. Provides a forum to discuss common communications problem issues and develop resolutions.
5. Advises the Emergency Health Services Federation Advisory Council in matters requiring the expertise of this committee.